Pekin Bayar Mizrahi strengthens its global client offering through alliance with Norton Rose Fulbright.
Leading Turkish firm Pekin Bayar Mizrahi has bolstered its client offering around the world by forming a new alliance with global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright.
Norton Rose Fulbright, which provides the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service, has more than 4,000 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 locations across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East. The firm is a top 20 ranked firm in the American Lawyer Global 200 (2020) and in the Thomson Reuters Acritas Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index (2021). Norton Rose Fulbright has been active in the Turkish market for more than 25 years, and Turkey is an integral part of the firm’s global cross-border strategy.
Widely regarded as a top choice for clients in high-profile matters and transactions in Turkey, Pekin Bayar Mizrahi’s alliance with Norton Rose Fulbright will strengthen and reinforce its practice by giving clients access to a truly top-tier global network of international legal experts, including Norton Rose Fulbright’s Turkey desks in London, Paris, Dubai and New York.
Selin Bayar, Senior Partner at Pekin Bayar Mizrahi, said:
“With the formation of this alliance, the lawyers in Norton Rose Fulbright’s Istanbul office will be working closely with Pekin Bayar Mizrahi in an arrangement which will foster seamless integration between the firms. There is growing demand for sophisticated cross-border legal services in Turkey, and we have put ourselves in an advantageous position by deepening our relationship with a truly global firm like Norton Rose Fulbright. We have great professional respect for one another, and we look forward to working even more closely together.”
Ayşe Yüksel Mahfoud, Norton Rose Fulbright’s Global Head of Corporate, M&A and Securities who has served as Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Istanbul office since it opened in 2011, commented:
“Norton Rose Fulbright, which opened its office in Istanbul ten years ago, has been advising clients in Turkey for more than twenty-five years. We have a strong track record of collaboration with Pekin Bayar Mizrahi; this alliance is a logical progression of that relationship. As a high-profile, full service firm, Pekin Bayar Mizrahi will greatly enhance our capabilities related to Turkish legal advice and cross-border consulting for our domestic as well as international clients. As is evidenced by our deal sheet in the past year, the Turkish market is buoyant with inward and outward investment and capital markets transactions as well as complex cross-border financings and restructurings.”
Gerry Pecht, Norton Rose Fulbright’s Global Chief Executive, said:
“This alliance stems from a shared vision. Pekin Bayar Mizrahi’s philosophy of teamwork, integrity and service mirrors Norton Rose Fulbright’s core business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We believe that our offerings around the world and Pekin Bayar Mizrahi’s experience in Turkey will significantly benefit the clients of both firms.”
Pekin Bayar Mizrahi
+90 212 359 5700
Notes to Editors
About Pekin Bayar Mizrahi
One of the oldest and largest law firms in Turkey, Pekin Bayar Mizrahi, founded in 1946 by M. Fethi Pekin, celebrates its seventy-fifth year anniversary with his daughter Şefika Pekin and his granddaughter Selin Bayar. Pekin Bayar Mizrahi, now a full-service firm with approximately 50 lawyers, is led by Selin Bayar and leading disputes partner Ergin Mizrahi.
Pekin Bayar Mizrahi provides Turkish legal services to government entities, financial institutions and international corporations across a wide range of practice areas, including banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, dispute resolution, corporate/commercial and contracts law.
Chambers Global 2021 recognizes Pekin Bayar Mizrahi as a leading Corporate/M&A firm in Turkey, while The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa 2021 ranks the firm as a leader in Turkey in three areas: banking, finance and capital markets; dispute resolution; and commercial, corporate and M&A.
About Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright, which opened its office in Istanbul ten years ago, has been advising clients in Turkey for more than twenty-five years. The firm’s recent work includes:
- closing a major FinTech transaction for TPAY Mobile FZ-LLC, the Middle East and Africa’s leading digital merchant acquirer and portfolio company of the Helios Private Equity fund, on its acquisition of 100 percent of the shares of leading Turkish FinTech company, Trend Ödeme Kuruluşu A.Ş., known in the market as Payguru;
- representing Arçelik, a major Turkish manufacturing company, in connection with the €78.3 million acquisition of Whirlpool Beyaz Eşya Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., Whirlpool’s wholly owned subsidiary in Turkey;
- acting on a major financial restructuring involving several European banks’ loans to a Turkish real estate developer and hotel operator;
- acting for leading Turkish carbon fiber manufacturer DowAksa in a US$100 million sustainability linked project finance loan obtained from a club of Turkish banks to be utilized to increase production capacity in Turkey;
- advising a leading Turkish manufacturer in the development of a comprehensive US and EU compliance program including a risk assessment review, establishment of a compliance program and provision of training and guidance to senior management and in-house regulatory advisors;
- advising an international media conglomerate on its acquisition of 30 percent of the shares of a leading Turkish software company. The Turkish software company develops tailor-made solutions for key sector providers in areas such as telecoms and banking, providing customer experience-focused AI-driven digital transformation solutions within its own award-winning product portfolio.
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm providing the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. The firm has more than 4,000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Recognized for its industry focus, Norton Rose Fulbright is strong across all of the key sectors: financial institutions; energy, infrastructure and resources; transport; technology; life sciences and healthcare; and consumer markets. Through its global risk advisory group, the firm leverages its industry experience with its knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Norton Rose Fulbright operates in accordance with its global business principles of quality, unity and integrity, aiming to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of its offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.